Workshops and Support Groups
These workshops explore the issues that women face in their daily lives, subjects that can make a difference in how women succeed and manage their personal, family and professional lives.
• Health: cancer, diabetes, heart disease, menopause.
• Finances: getting a loan, buying a house, overcoming a bad credit history
• Domestic violence: where to get help, self-defense, developing healthy relationships
• Work: how to look for and find a job, résumé and interview preparation.
• Computer skills: buying a computer, software packages, basic skills.
• Substance abuse: what it is, how to recognize it, how to get help.
We also sponsor regular women’s support group meetings, where women can talk about the issues that matter to them: relationships, family, children. This is an open, supportive environment for women to ask questions and explore answers.
For information on workshops and support groups, please contact 916-264-8066 or
925-372-4213 ext. 23.